Wednesday 11 December 2013

The unknown

"The unknown seems scary and
dangerous. But that's where all
the growth and progress lives."
I started my day by reading this quote and it got me thinking. How many times have you stopped yourself from doing something because of the fear of the unknown?
I can think of various such situations. Be it in relationships or daily decisions, i have held back so many times because of the fear of the unknown.
Thinking back now, i feel maybe if i had lived without fear my life would probably be completely different.
But better late than never, right? Lets make an effort! Stop fearing the unknown, take that one mighty giant step and watch the unknown transform into the known.

As i was just sitting in a bus, on my way to college today i was wallowing in self pity thinking i have a hard life just because i had to wait long for a bus, and how im juggling projects and assignments and exams and interviews all at once.. But one look out of my bubble and i realize what a cosy comfy life i live. I have a beautiful house, people i can call family and so many beautiful things. Sometimes it takes others sorrows to make us focus on our blessings!
I watched a crippled man crawling from vehicle to vehicle begging, while i sat comfortable in my seat crying about something i chose to do, and end of the day enjoy doing.
Sometimes life has funny ways of teaching you things, its time we stop and pay heed before its too late :)

I dunno where im going with this post! I started with one thought and im onto something completely different now! :P

Happy day fellow humans! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment