Sunday 3 August 2014

' To friends of yesterday, today and tomorrow.

For those of you who haven't heard today is International Friendship day. I have always struggled to define that word, its just impossible to give it a meaning and confine it to that. A famous quote goes 'Friends are the family you get to choose" as corny and cliche that sounds that's the only thing i can think of that comes close.

Its beyond just hanging out and eating at a new place every other week, Its wayy more.
Its a blessing to have friends. I can proudly acknowledge the fact that i won't be a major part of who i am today if it had not been for my friends.

As we move on with our lives and careers, we sometimes also move on from certain friendships, but that doesn't always change the role they once played in your life.

I have all kinds of friends, the ones we are close with for as long as we can remember.. i have people i have been friends with since i was like 3.. and our relationships have only evolved and gotten more awesome'r over the years. And then there are the school friends,, you can never get over them can you? I'm not in touch with all of them, but when ever i do meet up like even if its once a year, we just take it from where we left off. The gap is never felt. Is it like that with everyone out there? I don't know, but i love how beautiful it is.

And then there are people you just met and you become soul mates in a week. The similarity or disparity whatever facilitates the relationship is so crazy? (<- Read that again slowly). You just meet them and hit it off right from the first time and your soon inseparable.

Then there are others you are close to, lose contact for like 3 or 4 years in between and get together again. I have a few friends like that too. Its insane.. we spent so much time just catching up on the lost years.

And then there are others who randomly bump into us every once in a while.. We were never close to them and probably never will be too.. But they are still quite cherished.

I could go on like this forever. Sometimes my friends have come through for me the moments i have least expected them to. And there are also time i have been let down and really hurt by friends.. but i guess that just adds to the beauty of the whole relationship.

In my big move from college to the corporate world one of the things i missed most were my friends.. but things have been amazing ever since i stopped acting like the newbie to whom people need to come talk to and walked up to talk to people on my own.

So this is a post to all those people i have called a friend over the very many years through school, college and other phases. I would give you a all a hug if i could.

This is also to the friends I'm gonna make in the future. Because i strongly believe you never stop needing friends.

Thank you and I love you all and oh yes before i start babbling again, a very happy friendship day.

Ps: The title of this post is so lame. But honestly, i have a block and can't think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment