Saturday 12 October 2013

ACCOUNTABILITY


I have often wondered about this word. Is it a phase? A way of living? When i finally get what it means, its beyond beautiful. I have met people who proudly say how unaccountable they are.. i find that very lame! As humans we need accountability.. As a christian i believe i am first and before anything, accountable to my God. But as a teenage girl im accountable to many people around too. 

Accountability doesn't mean being ruled over or controlled by someone. Wiki puts it this way " accountability is answerability, blameworthinessliability, and the expectation of account-giving."


Account giving! I enjoy that!  I love telling people  about the things i did, and by account giving it doesn't have to be about just the wrong you did, or the things that make you guilty. It could be something like buying a new dress, or running out of petrol on the way to something important, or just watching your favourite show! Its just talking about everything you do to someone who cares. Its like therapy! I feel a million times better when i have a bad day and can talk about it! Its like hot bajjis on a rainy day, ice cream on a hot afternoon, a foot massage after a long day, like a.. well you get the idea, don't you!

I have someone whom im accountable to, and its one of the best things in my life! So who are you accountable to, today? It could be a brother, a sister, a friend, a parent, a colleague.. anyone who cares :)


Find your accountability partner and see where it goes!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment